Sunday, June 20, 2010

A work in progress...

Sorry I haven't updated...my last design is getting submitted to Knitty so I have to keep it nice and secret.
After I got my KnitPicks Felici in Rainbow, I knew I wanted to make a shawl or scarf out of it.

I also knew that most sock yarns have short color runs that wouldn't go all the way around the longest point of the shawl.
I decided to go with an elaborate edging to hide the areas of the shawl where the colors wouldn't run all the way across. And I decided to start knitting at the edging and decrease to the back of the neck. Kind of a weird way to do it, but it let me make sure that my edging worked the magic that I wanted.

I think I got it pegged. From this point out, the shawl is straight stockinette and the color runs are long enough to cover more than a row. Still, I know I want to make another version before I release the pattern, either in a solid yarn or one with longer color repeats

Now I just have to be motivated enough to finish it...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment