Saturday, June 5, 2010

Designing Takes Forever!!!

Not really...it's knitting the design after you've decided on it that's hard...

Ok so here are my swatches... (I happened to have the same yarn in green and blue...originally was gonna go with green, but I changed my mind)
The top of the swatch is really ugly because I was experimenting with how to cleanly close the top of the hat...

Then I started knitting...and after I did the entire band on size 1's, I decided to go back and redo on size 0's. I must be crazy, but the smaller band (on the left) looks way better.

It's mostly the ruffling on the edge that was driving me mad. So now I'm about one pattern repeat into the hat.


It's gonna be slouchy, and when it comes time to do the decreases at the top, the lace will gradually shrink and disappear followed by the cables.

I can't wait to see it finished. This one is a gift for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment