Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lotus Shawl Sneaky Peek!

I've had this pattern written up for several weeks, but just last night decided to put it on the needles. And yes, I wet it down and pinned it out so I could accurately plan out the rest of the thing. Right now it has three tiers of flower petals with 8 petals in each tier. (It's 12 inches in diameter.) I have the pattern written out to 7 tiers, which would give me about a 52 inch diameter. I think that's a little small but I think it'd be HUGE if I added an 8th tier given the way the petals increase. (Yet there is something poetic about 8 petals over a constant multiple of 8 stitches in 8 tiers spanning a multiple of 8 rows...)

We'll see! If I think I can keep it under 70 inches with 8 tiers, that's so what I'm doing!

I'm also going to include instructions for doing 5/8 rather than a full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment